We Assembled in hot-fire configuration with our heatsink engine and ultimately ran out of propellant and daylight after three solid attempts at a hot-fire.
First attempt hot fire campaign. The entire team assembled in Texas and worked to assemble tank stand 1.0 in under 3 days. We then drove out to our test site and set up for cold flows. We successfully cold-flowed our 3D printed Copper Alloy injectors and moved onto hotfire operations.
Water flowed both the LOX and Kerosene manifold of the injectors prepping for the hot fire week.
Received our hot fire injectors from Launcher Space, 3D printed out of copper alloy. Machining done by Bechtel Innovation and Design Center at Purdue University.
Hardware! Here’s a quick integrated test of one of our two main propellant valves with the mounted pneumatic solenoid valve. Test stand assembly is in full swing!
The first TARS-1 rocket engine is assembled and ready to begin proof testing and pass all the pre-static fire milestones starting with a hydrostatic proof test to make sure the chamber can withstand firing pressures.
The first phase of development of the turbopump-driven engine is the TARS-1 engine. Built as a pathfinder to both manufacture hand-woven ablative chambers as well as get comfortable with testing larger liquid-fueled rocket engines. Since it is a test bed, we also decided to conduct research on it to aid the amateur community hopefully with data. This data will include a condition called flow separation has on small composite rocket engines.
Copyright © 2023 Magnetar Space LLC - All Rights Reserved.